Nightly Poker Tournaments
Tuesdays & Thursdays
April 4, 2023 thru March 31, 2024 at 6:00 PM
Join us in the Poker room every Tuesday and Thursday evenings for Nightly Poker Tournaments.
Please register in person with the Poker Room cashier on the day of the tournament.
Nightly Poker Tournaments
Agua Caliente Casino Rancho Mirage
April 4th, 2023 through March 31st, 2024
The Agua Caliente Casino Rancho Mirage Poker Room will be hosting Nightly Poker Tournaments beginning April 4th, 2023 through March 31st, 2024.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Our Nightly Poker Tournaments will be as follows:
• April 4th, 2023 through March 31st, 2024 Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Nightly Poker Tournaments will begin at 6:00pm.
• $120 dollar buy-in and $50-dollar re-buys for the first 4 rounds of play. After the 4th round players cannot buy-in to play this event. This event will have several more rounds until it is completed on the final table of play. (Number of additional rounds is not specific. Number to total rounds will depend on how players get knocked out of play before they finish).
• $20-dollar add-on for $25,000 in chips at the first timed break (which is after 2 hours of play) in the tournament. Add-ons are a one-time only purchase during the first timed break.
• During the first 2 hours, players may continue to buy-in and play in the tournament.
• Texas Hold’ Em
Number of Tables:
• We have limited seating in the Poker Room. There will be five (5) tables of up to ten 10 seats for a total of fifty (50) seats available at the start of each tournament event. Players may sign up to play starting 2 hours before the start of each event. If we fill all 50 seats available, we will use the alternate list format for players waiting to play to enter the tournament as other players get knocked out of the event. All players waiting on the alternate list will get an opportunity to play.
• Players that sign up to play before the end of the 4th round of play (or 8:00pm) and did not get a seat immediately because they were none available, will still get a chance to play as they will then be on an alternate list of players waiting to play and will get a seat into the tournament once someone else busts out of their seat in the next (2) Two rounds ahead.
• We will allow alternates to continue to buy-in until the end of the 6th round (or 8:50pm), then after that time they will not be able to play.
Starting Tournament Chip Amount:
• The starting tournament chips will be $16,000.
Starting Tournament Chip Bonus:
• There will be a $4,000 starting tournament chip bonus incentive (or $20,000 in chips) for all players that start the tournament on time at 6:00pm. All players that join (or buy-in to play) after 6:01pm or later will receive the standard $16,000 in tournament chips.
Guarantee Prize Payout:
• Requires a minimum of 8 players to start the guarantee.
• The guarantee prize payout will be $1,000 for every ten (10) players (this applies to amounts of 20 players = $2,000, 30 players = $3,000, 40 players = $4,000 or 50 players = $5,000 – only)
• Any number of players below the 8 will have no guarantee amount payout, but will pay only the amount of the buy-ins and re-buys minus the house fee. Rebuys are unlimited if a player keeps going broke.
Registration and Dealer Tokes:
• Players must register in person with the Poker Room Cashier in the Poker Room on the day of the tournament.
• Registration will continue throughout the first timed break in the tournament with new players being allowed to enter up until that time.
• Our registration fee will be as follows:
o We will take $30 dollars from each buy-in and $5 dollars from each add-on for the house Rake. The dealers will receive $15 dollars (dealer tokes) from each poker tournament add-on.
Collections for the Poker Tournament Players Monthly Qualifier Tournament(s) & the Tournament Players Anniversary Qualifier’s Tournament in March 2024.
• We will collect $7 dollars from each tournament player’s buy-in for the Poker Tournament Players Monthly Qualifier Tournament(s) and the Tournament Players Anniversary Qualifiers Tournament in March 2024. By doing this we will offer the tournament players a seat in every/or any Monthly Qualifier Tournament(s) from April 2023 to March 2024 plus, if they finish in any one of these monthly events in the top five payout spots, they will be qualified to play in the Tournament Players Anniversary Qualifiers Tournament in March 2024.
• Winners will be paid out according to the following percentages of the total prize pool, based on the total number of participants as described below:
up to 30 Players 31-50 Players 51-70 Players 71-90 Players Place Finished
50% 35% 33% 32% 1st
30% 25% 22% 20% 2nd
20% 20% 16.50% 13.10% 3rd
13% 11% 9.50% 4th
7% 7% 7% 5th
5.70% 5.50% 6th
4.80% 4.80% 7th
Chopping or Splitting of the Prize Pool Money & why players may choose the option – Tournament Rules:
• The reason tournament player(s) might want to Chop or Split the prize pool money is they may want to have a choice of dividing the prize pool money at an even amount or in a larger group of final players, as they feel that if they don’t make a deal to chop the money, then they might not get any money if they happen to be the next player to get knocked out of the tournament. (Example – A tournament with 44 entrants and a prize pool of $2,500 dollars, and if there are 10 player still playing on the final table, based on the payout formula above that the top 7 players will receive money then the next 3 players (Player(s) number(s) 10, 9 and 8 to get knocked out will not receive any money), but if those final 10 players decide to chop or split the prize pool money and end the tournament at that moment then everyone at the final table will receive a payout.)
Tournament payouts are pre-set:
• If no players ask(s) or want to organize a chopping or splitting of the prize pool money then the tournament continues on until the payouts are completed as pre-determined above (see Prize Structure chart).
• If some player(s) ask or want to organize a chopping or splitting of the prize pool money, but if anyone of the final player(s) decides that they do (not) want to chop or spilt the prize pool money than the tournament continues on until the payouts are completed as pre-determined above (see Prize Structure chart).
• Here are all of the rules that will apply when players decide to chop or split the prize pool money:
- When players decide to make a chop or split of the prize pool monies they may agree to chop or split the amount of money evenly or give more money to some players and or any player they determine to do so based on their chips in play and what the remaining players agree upon. All chop(s) or split deal(s) are witnessed and then approved by the floor supervisor before any deal can be finalized. The Poker Floor Supervisor does not make the deals for the player, but they ensure that the deal is paid out correctly by what the player(s) agreed upon. All players must agree on the deal to make a deal approved.
- Based on the number of players that entered the tournament, the final tournament players cannot decide to chop the prize pool or split the money until they are (at the final table) of the pre-determined spot(s) to start receiving money. (Example – if there were 44 players that entered into a tournament with a prize pool of $2,500 and the prize pool payout structure calls for the top 7 players to win money (as shown above), then only until they get to 10 players (which is the final table number of players) or less could the remaining player(s) decide/agree to make a deal and chop or split the prize pool money).
- Once a chop or split has been agreed upon there cannot be a second chop or split for a different portion of money left over. (Example – If the final (10) players wanted to chop or split the prize pool money ((Example of $2,500 of prize pool money)), as the example above, but they wanted to chop or split only some of the money (((Split only $200 each for the 10 players = $2,000, leaving $500 left over))) and play for the rest of the money(((meaning the last player would win the last $500))), then they cannot do that. Only one chop or split per tournament.
- Must be 21 years or older to participate.
- Do not have to be an ACE Players Club member to participate.
- Restricted players are not allowed to participate.
- Employees of the Agua Caliente Casinos and Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians with an Agua Caliente Gaming Commission issued gaming license are eligible to participate.
- Employees of the Poker Department are not eligible to participate.
- Agents are not authorized to participate on behalf of any player or collect any awards on behalf of any player.
- The tournament format will be Texas Hold’ Em.
- Each player will receive $16,000 in tournament chips at the beginning of the tournament. There will be a $4,000 starting tournament chip bonus (or $20,000 in chips) for all players that start the tournament at 6:00pm. All players that join (or buy-in to play) after 6:01pm or later will receive the standard $16,000 in tournament chips. Tournament chips have no cash value. Each chip is assigned a denomination as follows: Blue – $100, White – $500, Yellow – $1,000, Red – $5,000 Gray – $25,000.
- Chopping or Splitting is allowed at the final tournament table only. All agreements must be witnessed and approved by the Poker Floor Supervisor or above. All players must agree for it to be approved. Only one chop or split per tournament.
- Agua Caliente Casinos, the ACBCI, its employees, etc. are held harmless from the award or use of the prize.
- For each prize won, an authorized Poker Department team member will enter the following information on the Tournament Winners Log: date and time of the promotion, winner’s name, ACE Club account number (when applicable), prize amount won, along with the Poker Department team member’s signature and gaming license number. The winner will sign the log, evidencing they have received the prize.
- Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes for all awards as a result of this promotion where applicable. Winners must provide a Social Security number and/or W-9 Form (if applicable) prior to receipt of their award or prize per the ACBCI Reporting and Withholding Internal Controls.
- Agua Caliente Casinos are not responsible for equipment malfunctions, including, but not limited to computer systems or any gaming related equipment utilized to administer this promotion.
- The Agua Caliente Casinos reserve the right and sole discretion to disqualify any gaming participant who has been identified as having “tampered”, in any way deemed inappropriate, with the direct marketing offers. This includes but is not limited to, counterfeiting or copying of drawing entries, placing foreign objects or inappropriate markings on the entries or direct marketing offers. This disqualification will also include but is not limited to “tampering” with the entry process or any other promotional related item, or acting in a manner that may be in violation of the Official Rules or in a disruptive manner with the intent to disrupt or to undermine the legitimacy of the promotion or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person(s).
- The Agua Caliente Casinos are not responsible for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors within the offering or announcements of any award or prize notification, or for any errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature, including but not limited to areas of the casino facility where speakers are not present or functioning or for the incorrect, inaccurate or failure to capture the appropriate information. Agua Caliente Casinos are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, postage due, direct marketing offers
- All promotions will be administered in accordance with the ACBCI systems of internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- All patron dispute(s) related to this promotion will be handled in accordance with the ACBCI Internal Controls for Guest Disputes.
- Agua Caliente Casinos must include a responsible gambling message on printed materials for this promotion where practical. The message will read: Problem Gambling? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Signage must also be located within each Casino.
- A copy of the promotion rules must be displayed or made readily available to patron upon request during the duration of the promotion. The rules may be available via rules poster, rules rack card/flyer, or on the Agua Caliente Casinos website(s). The Poker Department will always have a copy of the rules during the promotion.
- The Agua Caliente Gaming Commission (hereinafter referred to as ACGC) retains the right to suspend, rescind, or void any promotion that fails to maintain and protect the assets, integrity and reputation of the Tribe.